Sandeep Dayal (a well-respected marketing leader and strategist from Cerenti Marketing Group) is the author of his book. Branding between the ears: Cognitive Science is used to build lasting consumer connectionsYou can find more information here joins Enterprise Radio.
Enterprise Radio has teamed up with Author Channel for this episode.
Hear to host Eric Dye & guest Sandeep Dayal discuss the following:
- There is nothing wrong with doing things the old-fashioned way. It is not just about identifying what makes your brand different, both emotionally and rationally, and communicating that message.
- What makes cognitive brands unique? They work.
- You talk about “Brands with Empathy” and “Brands with Values” in your book? How do these relate? What are these values and empathy? What does that have to do with my product’s features and differences?
- Many people believe that consumers have shorter attention spans due to the sheer number of brands and the amount of messages out there. Brand messaging must be concise and short. You claim that consumers’ attention spans have not decreased.
- What should brands do to become experiential brands? This is the same thing as sensory branding.
- Many people believe that consumers are more powerful in a world of increasing technology and competition. But you say that marketers have increasing power given their knowledge of how consumers’ brains work? How can marketers be ethical?
Sandeep Dayal, a veteran strategist and marketing leader with Cerenti Marketing Group is an expert in the field. His role as C-suite and Board member counsel at Global Fortune 500 companies has seen him assist clients with building iconic brands in countries across Europe, Latin America, Asia, and the USA. Co-authored articles for Marketing Management, McKinsey Quarterly and Strategy+Business. His new book is Branding Between the Ears: Using Cognitive Science to Build Lasting Consumer Connections (McGraw-Hill, Nov. 30, 2021).
Social Media Links:
People also listened to this: The Konar the Apple with Babak Hodjat
Enterprise Podcast Network – EPN.