Indiana Siu, the Regional Director at Operation Smile that has provided hundreds of thousands of safe surgeries for those born with cleft lip and cleft palate joins Enterprise Radio. Indiana serves as the director for Central America and the Caribbean.
Pay attention to host Eric Dye & guest Indiana SiuThe following topics are discussed:
- Let us know about you. What was the path that led you to become the Region Director for Latin America at Operation Smile?
- How did Operation Smile deal with COVID-19’s main problems?
- How has Operation Smile changed its operation to address the challenges that the virus poses in Latin America?
- What has your experience with leadership been like over the past 18 months?
- COVID-19 was a time when a lot more work took place online. What was Operation Smile’s adjustment to this virtual world? What aspects of the virtual environment will not change?
- Which are the major initiatives Operation Smile currently undertakes in Latin America?
- What is Operation Smile’s relationship with health ministries? How do you work together on different types of projects? Do Ministries of Health want to collaborate with other organizations and NGOs?
- Operation Smile states that it is committed to providing holistic care for patients suffering from cleft conditions and to helping build stronger health systems. Operation Smile is pursuing this goal in a number of ways. Is that what it looks like in Latin America, too?
- Why do you choose to work in this field? Do you have any advice for those looking to work in nonprofits?
Operation Smile is a safe and effective way to provide surgery for cleft-related conditions. With more than three decades of expertise, Operation Smile creates solutions that deliver free surgery to people where it’s needed most. Operation Smile, one of the biggest medical volunteer-based non-profits has mobilized thousands from many medical specialties and more than 80 nations. Operation Smile works with public and private partnerships in order to improve health care delivery and train local doctors to offer surgical care to patients in their community. They also donate essential medical equipment and supplies to increase accessibility to care to ensure that every person living with cleft can be treated.
Social Media LinksThis is:
These were also popular: Dallas-based Start-Up Bloom Health Partners is a company that was founded in the middle of the pandemic.
The post Operation Smile: Making a Difference in People’s Lives appeared first on Enterprise Podcast Network – EPN.