Nandinee Phookan, the founding Principal at Nandinee Phookan Architects, a New York City-based architecture and design firm working with government agencies, corporations, community organizations and individuals to create environments that are attractive, economical and sustainable joins Enterprise Radio.
Pay attention to host Eric Dye & guest Nandinee Phookan discuss the following:
- Your career in architecture spans over 30 years. What brought you to architecture? How did your interest first develop and how did you open your firm in 1998.
- Today, the Nandinee Phookan Architects team works across the transportation, healthcare, residential, commercial, community and government sectors, on projects including the new LaGuardia Airport Terminal B, Victory Memorial Hospital, and the Brooklyn Bridge Montgomery Coastal Resiliency project to name a few. Which approach do you take to solving difficult design issues?
- Which sectors were most affected? Is the pandemic affecting design practice?
- How has the architecture industry—and the role of the architect—changed over the past decade? Which direction do you envision it heading?
- What is the best time to hire an architect for a project? Which criteria can be used by decision-makers and businesses to determine the best architect to fit their requirements and goals.
Nandinee Phookan is the founding Principal at Nandinee Phookan Architects, a New York City-based architecture and design firm working with government agencies, corporations, community organizations and individuals to create environments that are attractive, economical and sustainable.
Nandinee launched the firm in 1998, and is a Registered Architect in New York, New Jersey, Washington, DC and Virginia; she is also an NCARB- and MWBE-certified, LEED-accredited professional. As Principal, Nandinee is actively involved in all projects in the firm and her broad interest in design is reflected in the firm’s diverse portfolio of architecture and interior design projects across the transportation, government, healthcare, commercial, residential and urban planning sectors.
Nandinee earned her Master’s degree in Housing and Environmental Design from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, MA and her Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from the University of Delhi in Delhi, India. She also taught Architectural Design studios as an Adjunct Professor at Pratt Institute and the City College of the City University of New York.
Social Media Links:
These were also popular: Become the Missing “I” in Team
Nandinee Pootan discusses architecture and how she created a successful company that serves clients all over New York. This post was originally published on Enterprise Podcast Network (EPN).