Ken Smith, the President of Jobs for America’s Graduates, a nonprofit that works in the classroom with young adults of great promise across the country to help them succeed, not just in graduating from high school but to do so well-prepared to enter both secondary education and/or the workforce joins Enterprise Radio.
Hear to host Eric Dye & guest Ken Smith discuss the following:
- You believe JAG did something differently in order to achieve 97% graduation rates (a remarkable increase when compared with the national average) when families and students struggled to cope with COVID-19, and to transition to distance learning.
- How does JAG combine workforce training with education to make sure its students graduate well-prepared to enter both secondary education as well as the job market?
- Do you believe schools should learn the JAG model or what do they need to take? Is the JAG model possible to replicate from one State to another?
- How does JAG collect and use its data and why is this important for your non-profit organization?
- How will you address the JAG challenges in 2022?
- I had heard whispers of a new Strategic Plan entitled, ‘Youth Opportunity and Outcomes’. Is this what you are looking for and is it worth the effort?
Ken Smith serves as President and CEO of Jobs for America’s Graduates, Inc. (JAG), the nation’s largest, most consistently applied model of high school retention and school-to-career transition for high-risk young people of great promise.
Smith was a collaborator with Delaware Governor Pete du Pont on the initial statewide JAG Model test. Since then, he has served as its President and Chief Executive Officer. JAG serves more than 75,000 youth annually in over 1,450 middle and high schools across 39 states. JAG has served more than 1.4 million young people over its 40 year history.
Social Media Links
This was also heard by many:Culture ignited: 5 disciplines for adaptive leadership
The post Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG): Addressing Academic Uncertainties in 2022, Supporting Young People Across the Country of Great Promise appeared first on Enterprise Podcast Network – EPN.