For many decades, we all know how important sport can be for every aspect of our lives. You can enhance your health and appearance, improve your mood, reduce stress, and live a healthy lifestyle. Sports can, among other things. It has a positive impact on productivity both at work and in your personal life.
The Sport Effect Helps CEOs Who Are Well-Respected to Win in Business
Numerous businessmen have excelled in sports, often with no excuses or even great joy. Exercise seems to fuel their enthusiasm for innovation and life, and energize them. Let’s look at the prominent business representatives and their sports hobbies.
Tim CookApple CEO Steve Jobs prefers to work out at the gym for one hour every morning, starting at 5:30 a.m. Apple CEO Steve Jobs used to climb, and still enjoys the outdoors. He still enjoys cycling, which is one of his favorite sports. Cook also enjoys playing rugby and baseball. He ensures that he does at least 8,000 steps each day. Tim thinks that sports can help you avoid stress.
Mark ZuckerbergFacebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg, is a regular participant in sports. He usually goes at least 3 times per week. He often runs with his dog, but sometimes he also does it. Zuckerberg enjoys trying out new sports such as foiling, fencing and rowing. Interesting fact is that he ran 365 miles in 2016! He reached that goal by the end of the summer. According to the Facebook founder, exercising helps him stay more active. Sports have been an important part of Mark’s life. While it is essential to keep his energy up, it also helps him stay focused on work. Mark states that his sport activities are where he gets new insight and inspirations.
Nick WoodmanGoPro founder and surfer, he was inspired by his passion to start one of the biggest companies today. He began by using the tools available to record his surfing sessions. Then he thought of making a professional camera that could be used for other active activities. Apart from surfing, his other passions include racecar driving and snowboarding. He feels that all people have the right to live their passions. This is a remarkable example of the strong connection between sports business.
Larry EllisonOracle founder and passionate sailer, he. He is a frequent participant in dangerous sailing regattas. Some believe Ellison tried to become wealthy to purchase a luxury yacht. Ellison is now the owner of his sailing team Oracle Team USA. Additionally, Larry is well-known for being a passionate golfer and pilot. Larry’s assets are evident in many sporting clubs. Ellison asserts that sports and competition keep people on their toes and give them the motivation to take new initiatives.
What do business and sports have in common?
Sport and business are clearly connected in many ways:
- Unique sense of teamwork You need to be able to communicate with other participants, both in sports and work. Like nothing else, sport develops these abilities to their maximum. You must play to win.
- You have the ability to travel all the way. You cannot reach the end of a sport by stopping halfway. The same happens in work.
- You need to be able to do everything. No matter what you do there will always be someone better than you. You have no choice but to make the best of these circumstances and achieve your goal.
- Competitiveness. Is there anything that develops the competitive spirit more than sport? It is an ability to take on a challenge from someone better than yourself that will drive you in business.
- Self-discipline. For athletes to be in peak physical condition, they must adhere to a set of rules each day. Do the world’s top businessmen not follow the same principles?
- Endurance. Sometimes you lose 10 consecutive times. The strongest person, with the best preparations will be able to take on the challenge for the eleventh. You must have such determination to succeed in sports and business.
Here are some tips to help you succeed in business
Let’s take lessons from these successful people and bring sports to our lives. There are a few life hacks that will make your way to success smoother:
- You can try different things to find the one that suits you best. You may find that this sport, rather than bringing you joy, actually demotivates. You can do anything from an easy run by yourself to squash with a partner or team volleyball. Don’t give up if you didn’t find your passion on the first try.
- Begin smallYou don’t have to train hard if your goal is not to become an elite athlete. For example, there are many workouts that only last seven minutes. Do not be discouraged if your exercise routine is too strenuous. You will find it easier to take small steps and you’ll enjoy each step.
- Meet like-minded individuals who will motivate you and keep you challenged.Sports can be made more enjoyable when there is a sense of competition. It’s possible to join a group sport and make friends. You can also chat with others who share the same goals via apps. If you have a friend who also lacks the motivation to start, it’s a nice idea to start together!
- Include sports in your day.You can, for example, create a routine to perform a quick yoga exercise between getting up in the morning and boiling water.
- Make a plan to get through the next week. Once you’ve made a plan for your workouts for a specific time, it is psychologically much easier to tune in to training. But don’t berate yourself too much if you missed a workout, catch up tomorrow.
- Praise yourself. When you succeed, don’t underestimate it. You should reward yourself for your great efforts with not only a strong body and clear mind, but with self-love as well.
No one doubts that sports can help you be physically and emotionally active, stay healthy, boost your mood, and succeed in business. Get started today to be a success forever.