“Hope is what enables us to keep going in the face of adversity.” ~Jane Goodall
Good morning, friends. As you may know, I’m always on the lookout for free events that can help us be our best selves and create a better world. With this in mind, I’m excited to invite you to a FREE online summit, starting this week—Activating Hope: Together We Can, Together We Will.
Considering the division and chaos in the world today, it’s not easy to hold onto a sense of optimism, and it may seem pointless to do so. Hope alone won’t solve the problems we face as a collective—the impacts of climate change, the uncertainty of the pandemic, the challenge of racial injustice.
But hope isn’t naivete or magical thinking. Positive change can happen when we believe in the power of hope. It ignites our inner strength, and drives us to action. That’s what inspired Jane Goodall—a beacon of hope and kindness in the world for decades—to lead this transformative event.
The FREE, four-day summit online begins on Thursday November 4,Th. You’ll hear from a once-in-a-generation gathering of celebrated speakers and luminaries, including:
- Jane Goodall, PhD, DBEWith an opening speech and concluding remarks
- Craig FosterAnd Ross Frylinck of Academy Award–winning documentary My Octopus Teacher
- Zolani MaholaActress, storyteller, singer, and leader of the South African music band Freshlyground.
- Silvia Vasquez-LavadoThe first openly homosexual woman to reach the Seven Summits
- Edith Eger PhDHolocaust survivor and bestselling author. He is also a specialist in treating post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Jack Kornfield PhDAuthor, Buddhist practitioner and Spirit Rock Meditation Center founder teacher.
- Tara Brach, PhDPsychologist, author, teacher, meditation, healing and spiritual awakening.
- Bonnie Wan, partner and head of brand strategy at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
- Corrina GuldAs spokesperson and chair for the Confederated Villages Lisjan
Through inspiring stories and teachings, hands-on workshops, and illuminating conversations, you’ll learn how to hold onto hope when all seems hopeless, cultivate hope in your children, and face the challenges of your everyday life with strength and optimism.
Register now to receive your full daily schedule and reserve your place. The lineup is great!
About Lori Deschene
Tiny Buddha is founded by Lori Deschene. She’s also the author of Tiny Buddha’s Gratitude Journal and other books and co-founder of Recreate Your Life Story, an online course that helps you let go of the past and live a life you love. To help us reduce stress, increase peace, and joy, she recently created a Mindfulness Kit. Subscribe to the Tiny Buddha List for daily wisdom. Tiny Buddha can be followed on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Join the conversation. To leave a comment, click here
FREE Online Summit: Activating Hope – Thursday Tiny Buddha was the first to publish this article.