If you want this new year to bear new fruit for you, then you’ll have to do things much differently than what you did last year. With that being said, here are 15 quotes that you’ll have to understand and implement in your life so that you can have a fruitful year.
1. “Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher” Oprah Winfrey
Consider the people you work with every day. Are they encouraging you to reach your highest self? Or are you being pushed towards mediocrity by them? Don’t be afraid of cutting people off who are distracting you from achieving your goals this year.
2. “If you have a setback, don’t take a step back, get ready for a comeback!” Tim Storey
Even if it looks like you have failed, don’t allow what happened to you to paralyse you and to stop you from getting back up again. Remember that while falling is part of human nature, getting up again is an indicator that you’ll win the end.
3. “Self-confidence is the characteristic of someone who keeps promises they make to themselves. Consistently keep promises you make to yourself” Ed Mylett
Your success depends on you not letting your guard down. You said you were going to create that revolutionary business system or start that YouTube channel or write that book, but until you honour your word, you won’t experience any results.
4. “The challenge of the unknown future is so much more exciting than the stories of the accomplished past” Simon Sinek
Take the leap of faith this year even if you don’t know where it will all end up. You have two options. Either you continue to do what you’ve always done, and will still have the same things you had before or you can leap into something completely new.
5. “Excellence isn’t an act, it’s a habit” Quincy Jones
It is important to be consistent in order to create good and evil habits. You will see a steady improvement in your life and business if your focus is on one percent each day. Try to be a better person each day.
6. “The best feeling in the world is seeing the benefits and rewards of hard work” Kevin Hart
The truth is that these benefits come in the long-term, that’s why a lot of people quit. It is impossible to override the basic principle of harvest, seed and time. You have to be patient when putting in the work otherwise you’ll abandon it too early.
7. “Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today” Jordan Peterson
It’s so easy to feel worthless and worth less when you look at someone else’s achievements which are bigger than yours. You need to know that you cannot compete with anyone, and no one can compete with you because you’re a one-of-one so aim to be better than your former-self only.
8.“Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument” Archbishop Desmond Tutu
To resolve any conflicts or arguments, it is important to learn as much about each problem as you can. You will be able to make better decisions if you have more information.
9. “Motivation, backed by good planning and correct action leads to success” Aliko Dangote
Success doesn’t just happen because you work hard. There’s always a process to success and each step is as important as the next. You won’t be able to achieve your dreams if you don’t have the motivation. You won’t know what to do with your time if you don’t have a plan. You won’t get results if you don’t take action.
10. “You have good days, you have bad days, but the main thing is to grow mentally” Floyd Mayweather
You will be faced with challenges at every turn. Accept the fact that failures are inevitable. The most important thing here is that you strive to grow through life’s challenges by constantly learning through the good and bad days and implementing what you have learned which results in personal growth.
11. “No amount of anxiety makes any difference to anything that is going to happen” Alan Watts
Life is full of inevitabilities, and failure is not one of them. Why be anxious about the possibility of failure at every task? Instead, accept it. You will come to find that there’s just as much to learn from failing as there is from succeeding.
12. “I just think it’s good to be confident. If I’m not on my team why should anybody else be?” Robert Downey Jr.
Confidence is currency, can you imagine flying to Atlanta and right before take-off the pilot speaks over the intercom telling the passengers that he’s not confident he can fly safely today. It’s likely you’d run out of fuel! If you have confidence, it means that your belief in yourself is sufficient to achieve something. Once this happens, everything else will follow.
13. “Money has no grey areas. You either make it or lose it” Kevin O’Leary
People are uncomfortable discussing the topic of money because it has become so taboo. This has led to a society where almost everyone is ignorant of the basics of money. You don’t have to live a financially mediocre life, learn as much as possible about finances and apply what you’ve learned into your life. You won’t regret it.
14. “Never lower your target, increase your actions” Grant Cardone
Most people lower their targets when they don’t achieve them, doing this can lower your self-efficacy and self-esteem. You don’t have to make a habit out of setting lower targets. Instead, do more. It all boils down to how much you really want to achieve your set target, don’t quit until you get it.
15. “Everyday is one less day” Tom Ford
Each day is golden, it’s another opportunity to achieve your goals and to live a great life. Don’t waste your days by being stuck up on the negative things you have experienced or by being insecure and timid. Get help to help you move on in your life. Every day is a gift, and it may be your last.
Addicted 2 Success originally published 15 Inspirational Quotes for the Best Year of Your Life.